Re: [guide-user] Re: Transfer preferences and settings

Denis Sep 5, 2018

In Windows 7, right click on guide.exe, properties, tab on compatibility, disable themes

Denis

On Sep 5, 2018, at 7:04 AM, kunsitis@... [guide-user] <guide-user@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

In order get rid of the spaces in the toolbar you need to disable themes. The method for doing this is the same for Windows 7 as for Windows 10. You need to use REGEDIT to add a registry string at

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

The registry string (REG_SZ) needs to be named C:\guide9\guide9.exe.  Set the string value to DISABLETHEMES. The name of the string is the Guide program name and location so it will depend on where you have Guide loaded and what version you are using.
Tom Kunsitis - Richmond, Virginia USA

---In guide-user@yahoogroups.com, <ppadt6i56tpuy3spyei3mt4vdtmiauysnwitisaf@...> wrote :

As suggested, I copied the the whole Guide9 directory from my XP computer to a flash drive, then transferred it to the root directory of the "new" Win7 computer.  All my preferences, marks, etc. are there, but there are spaces between the icons in the toolbar. in the Win7 version of Guide9.

How do I get rid of the spaces?

Phil