Re: [guide-user] Guide 9 wants to use non-existent "second monitor"

janek950 Apr 10, 2018

Hi,

I think there is less 'destrutive' solution.

Practically every active program window can be moved around the screen(s) with arrow keys. Here's how to do it ...

- use keyboard hotkey Alt+Spacebar
- hit the key M
- use arrow keys to move the window in the desired direction
- when the window is on the right place, hit Enter

Test it on any active window of your choice to get the idea how it works before using it for real.
Then go on - let the 'More info' window pop up, imagine where it is, use the trained procedure and move it in the
correct direction and it will appear on your screen.

So for example - if your second monitor was on the LEFT side of the primary, you should move the invisible
window to the RIGHT, to get it visible.

Just a note - the key M (the second instructions) is for english version of OS. The correct letter is dependent on the
operating system language. It will be different for Spanish, French, German version etc.
But if you hit the Alt+Spacebar combination, you should see the language equivalent of Move and the corresponding active letter.

jan