Setting the position of the guide chip

coles44 Apr 10, 2018

I have asked this question before but never really figured out how to correctly position the guide chip on my SBIG 16200 and filter wheel with built in guide camera.

Here is what I already know. First the size of the imaging chip and size and position of the guide chip is held in the ccds file. I have that file open in Notepad now. I see the line with the camera selection. I am still selecting the SBIG STXL 11002 camera, even though the parameters for that selection are for the KAF-16200 chip.

Here is the text for that selection.

SBIG STXL 11002                  KAF-16200    6        6    4500  3600  961 0,.92,.24,.28,640,480

I can interpret the pixel size, chip dimensions and guide chip dimensions. What is a mystery is what parameters control the distance from the main chip to the guide chip. I am assuming it is those other numbers in the string, but don't know exactly how to change them to move the guide chip position out to its proper location. I think now it is still set for the 11002 camera.

Any instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Eric