R: [guide-user] Guide 9 Telescope problem

Antonio De pieri Apr 13, 2016

Hi.
Remove Ascom platform 6.2 and install the version that you had  before.

Inviato da Yahoo Mail per iPad

Il martedì, aprile 12, 2016, 3:22 PM, 'DP' davidplayer@... [guide-user] <guide-user@yahoogroups.com> ha scritto:

I have been using versions of Guide for several years. Most recently  Guide 9 and everything worked just fine until a few weeks ago when Microsoft decided to start changing my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The process auto started while I was away from my computer.

I decided I do not want Windows 10 as Windows 7 runs all my software without issue so I reverted back to Windows 7.

I can communicate and move my NEQ6 mount with EQMOD and my Canon 60Da and Imagesplus are working just fine. However, now Guide 9 telescope control is no longer working. Although the Scope Pad is still there, any effort to slew the telescope results in a message box titled ASCOM Telescope plugin “You have not yet configured your telescope type and settings.”
Thinking a driver may be corrupt or missing, yesterday I installed ASCOM Platform 6.2 along with a re-installation of EQMOD v129.a. This has not resolved the issue.

The process I have been trying to use with Guide 9 is as follows:
Open Settings – Scope Control – Choose ASCOM Scope and put a number in the “other” box. I have tried 1, 6 (6 is the com port used by EQMod to connect to my mount) and 7. Regardless of the number the ASCOM Telescope Chooser opens.
I have tried a myriad of combinations such as EQMOD ASCOM HEQ 5/6 or Generic Hub and even EQMOD_2 ASCOM HEQ 5/6.
After going through the setup routine, every combination results in exactlythe same error message “You have not yet configured your telescope type and settings.”

For instance:
If I simply choose EQMOD ASCOM HEQ 5/6 and select properties, the EQMOD configuration associated with my EQMOD – NEQ6 mount opens.
If I select Generic Hub Properties, I see the Hub Setup window. I select “Choose Scope” and from the ASCOM Telescope chooser “EQMOD_2 ASCOM HEQ 5/6” is already selected. I then choose “Setup” and the EQMOD setup screen opens once again with the configuration associated with my EQMOD – NEQ6 mount. Then I click OK. Then OK on the ASCOM Telescope chooser window and then the “You have not yet configured your telescope type and settings” message pops up again.

As an experiment I configured CdC and was able to talk to and move my mount therefore I am led to think there must be an issue with Guide 9.

Would someone please help with this very frustrating situation as I desperately  want to use Guide 9 with my imaging sessions.

thank you
david