Re: [guide-user] Ordering Guide 9.1 DVD

Bill Gray Jan 5, 2016

Hi Tom,

The lunar markings are on the Guide 9.0 DVD. (About the only thing
added to the Guide 9.1 disk is the updated software, and that's available
on the Web site. So 9.0 users shouldn't need to upgrade.)

Zoom in on the moon, and you'll get the default (not especially
high-resolution) map. Right-click on the moon, and you'll get the
usual dialog telling you when the moon will rise/set/transit, magnitude,
and so forth, along with "OK", "More Info", "Next", "Display", and
"Center" buttons. Click the "Display" button.

That gets you the general-purpose planet display dialog, which
has (along with everything else) an "Options" button. Click on that.

Now you get data specific to the moon, with a "Clementine image"
button. Click on that, then on OK.

The Clementine image is a bit of a mixed bag. It's quite high-resolution;
you can see the four little craters in the floor of Plato, and then a bunch
even smaller than that. However, it's best at high and medium latitudes.
Near the equator, everything is more washed out than you'd wish. So you
may find yourself going back to the "shaded relief" map in some cases.

-- Bill