RE: [guide-user] How you can put notes in our observations guide 9?

Tom Kunsitis Oct 5 7:32 AM

Guide 9 and its earlier versions do not really have a facility for recording
observations. There are a couple of ways it can be done, however.

The Steve Coe observations are in the directory C:\guide9\ngcic\stevecoe.
They are text files arranged by constellation. They can be edited with a
text editor such as notepad.

A slightly better way is to modify the note files in Guide which can be
edited to add observing notes. They are .not files in C:\guide9\text and
are arranged by object type. The format is described on Page 65 of the
Guide 9.0 user guide. The notes will show up when "More Info" is selected
for an object. The .not files are text files which can be edited with
notepad.

I don't recommend either approach. I use a Microsoft Access database to
record my observations. I link it to Guide 9 with some visual basic code.
From the database, I can directly look up the object in Guide.

Tom Kunsitis - Richmond, Virginia USA