datasets of planetary surfaces

Bernd Klemt May 21, 2015

Hello Bill, all,

can anyone tell me where I can find the datasets for the images of the surfaces
of the planets, especially that for earth? I looked in all directories, but
couldn't find any "matching" file names.

Are they displayable / editable with othe graphic programs? The reason I'm asking
is that I want to transform them first into a rectangular projection and
afterwards into a polar projection that can be displayed into the dome of our new
planetarium projection system (the original idea can be seen here:
http://www.lss-planetariums.info/index.php).

We both have a 4.5 m dome and a 0.5 m transparent sphere to project the images
in.

Clear skies
Bernd

Bernd Klemt