RE: [guide-user] Install Guide Without CD Reader

Owen Brazell Dec 24, 2014

Probably the easiest thing is just to copy the Guide 8 installation directory across from the old laptop to the new one via a USB pen drive. That is what I have done.

Owen

From: guide-user@yahoogroups.com [mailto:guide-user@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 25 December 2014 06:40
To: guide-user@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [guide-user] Install Guide Without CD Reader

Hi Folks,

I have ordered a new Ultra-Book laptop which has no CD/DVD tray. When it arrives, I would like to install my copy of Guide8 on it. The laptop does have plenty of internal storage in a 1TB hard disk. The new laptop does have USB-3 ports.

I can use my existing desktop PC to transfer both Guide8 CDs to a thumb drive or I could connect the new laptop to a LAN and copy the files over the local net. Any better alternatives?

Thank you for your advice.

Ray Shapp
---