New galactic novae file

Bill Gray Oct 6 9:16 AM

Hello all,

I've put together a major revision to the list of galactic novae
used in Guide. You can get it at

http://www.projectpluto.com/galnovae.zip

(about 28 KBytes).

UnZIP this in your Guide folder, and you'll see, in Extras...
Toggle User-Added Datasets, a "Galactic Novae" entry.

For some time, Guide has had a galactic nova list based on
Duerbeck's 1987 list, with updates from a variety of sources.
The new version was cross-referenced to the IAU/CBET nova list.
That got us precise discovery dates/times for most objects up to
2010 (CBET hasn't been very active in recent years), and
comparison allowed some mistakes to be detected. I gathered
data for post-2010 galactic novae from a variety of sources.
The new version also includes all currently-known galactic novae,
and has an updated Italian file for use in Guide (courtesy
Giuliano Pinto). I also added some new references to IAUCs
and _The Astronomer's Telegram_s.

-- Bill